June 21, 2010

A Year of Stories and Pictures

So, thrifty-man and I celebrated our one year anniversary this past weekend.

I can't believe how quickly the past year has gone by. So, so much has changed since we took our vows on a Friday afternoon in June.

 







On that afternoon, we gathered with a large group of our
closest family and friends to celebrate the gifts God has
given us and to join ourselves in marriage.

Of course, weddings are not complete without their own goof-ups. And, ours had plenty. I can't wait to get the video! (ROSS!)

It was hot and stuffy. And, I cried, a lot. But it was a beautiful evening.









A few days later, we traversed the world and landed at the Herbert Estate, in Killarney, Ireland. And the Cliffs of Moher, among many other beautiful and enchanting destinations.










I didn't want to leave. And, I definitely want to go back someday soon.

Of course, by soon, I really mean sometime in the next 50 years since that is probably the next time we'll be able to go back. Humph.

After arriving back in the states (and getting slapped back to the not-so-green and lovely reality), we moved 1000 miles away from the only place I had ever called home to Texas. From there, things quieted down a bit. But, in November, we finally were able to buy our home!










We started moving in over Thanksgiving weekend.

And, nothing has been the same ever since! But, that is an entirely different topic, for another post, someday.
(Incidentally, Michael's birthday also happened to fall on that weekend. He will probably hold it against me -- jokingly, of course -- that I made him work like a slave on his birthday).

For Christmas time, we traveled back to Indiana to visit family.










On December 29, 2009 (with what felt like sub-zero temperatures), we decided it would be a great idea to go to an awesome Chicago Bears game!

We had fun. And Michael even made friends with a big fellow, who was kind enough to share his blanket with Michael. :)

Shortly after returning from Chicago, Michael told me that I was allowed to have either a puppy or a baby. Well...


                    (Our beautiful daughter on May 11, 2010 at 22 weeks)


I got both.

Since January, we have been busy fixing up our home (an enormous, never-ending project), planning for when our little one finally makes her debut in September, and living -- continuously growing closer together as God blesses us.

No comments: