April 26, 2013

The House Renovation: Kitchen


Ooohhh... the kitchen. This room was a piece of work. And it took me a few tries to finally settle on what I wanted to do with it. The inbetween pictures are on my facebook album, The House Project, if you're interested.

KITCHEN: BEFORE
 
 
 
It's hard to tell in these pictures, but that ceramic tile is actually a yellowish color. The cabinets are a teal color. And, those door pulls... I don't even know what to say about them.

 
I think taking that upper hutch down was the next project we took on after the Master Suite.

 
The dishwasher didn't work. So, that became our garbage spot for about 6 months until Hubby could put the new dishwasher in. I was the happiest pregnant lady EVER.

 
I was so excited!
 
KITCHEN: AFTER
 
 
Hutch is gone, new bar top and lights. I LOVE this.

 
Bar top! My Hubby has serious skills.


 New stove, microwave, sink, dishwasher, AND cabinet doors! My Dad made all of them for us. Amazing.


BLUE!


 
And, of course, the new TILE! We had white subway tile put in through the rest of the kitchen. And, highlighted this section with the cool gray/silver glass tiles.
 
 
Honestly, I think this is the room I am most proud of. It could be that the newness still hasn't worn off (the majority of it was finished right around Christmas). But, I think it has even more to do with all of the blood, sweat and tears I have poured into this room trying to figure out what would work best in here.
 
The transformation is just huge.



No comments: