April 7, 2013

Humanae Vitae

I just finished Humanae Vitae, Pope Paul VI's encyclical on the regulation of births.

I have to say, it's given me a lot to mull over and to assimilate into my understanding of the Catholic Church's teaching on artificial means of controlling births.

It wasn't that anything in it was new to me. It just broadened my understanding of the issues at stake. It also gave me new ways to explain why we have chosen Natural Family Planning.

It is a quick read, only took me an hour and a half of distracted reading. And, it was $2.99 for the Amazon Kindle version. I highly recommend taking the time to read it if you haven't already. (Don't worry, I consider myself a total slacker that I had not read it til now.)

I am going to think about this and post more later.

No comments: