December 7, 2012

Lately...

Oh, it has been a while.

Things around here have been going at a pretty fast pace since the beginning of November. Today is the first day in 2 weeks that I don't have something to do or somewhere to be.

Hubby started his new job at the beginning of November. It's been great so far. He is really enjoying it :-)

It was also apparently my month to battle mice in our home. It was a pretty terrible thing. They got into just about every room in the house, including the kid's toy room and their dresser upstairs!!

Needless to say, I'm still not finished cleaning up from this mess. My laundry room was literally full of the kids laundry and toys that I had (and have yet) to wash. I wish I had gotten a picture.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the mice are gone now. We haven't caught any in a while. At least, they better be, now that I have disinfected, sanitized and vacuumed our home.

It also marked the beginning of the final stages of our house renovation! So far, we have built a wall for a closet in the front bedroom and walled in the entrance from that room into the main bathroom. I'm also working on repainting all of the kitchen cabinets - inside and outside. We're going to be replacing the countertops and back splash too. And, my Dad is building new cabinet doors as well. (I'll post pictures soon.)

And, last but not least, my niece was born at the beginning of December! Norah Elizabeth was born December 5th at 9:48am. She weighed in at 8lbs 5ozs, and was 20in long! I'm SO excited for Suzi and Robert. It was absolutely incredible to be there when she was born. I even cut the cord :-)

I'm so excited for Christmas this year. It's going to be great!

No comments: