August 3, 2012

Patience & Pee-Pee Sheets


After spending my morning putting away laundry and sorting through the babies’ clothes, the kids and I made the trek to Wal-Mart to get some groceries. I should have known better than to venture out around 11 a.m. on Friday morning. It was a doubly-whammy in poor planning on my part: too close to naptime and the store was packed.

To make matters worse, I decided it would be a great idea not to bring the sling for Logan (big mistake) and to try out one of those new kiddie cart things that have the double front-facing seats (also, a big mistake).

Over half of my trip was spent carrying Logan in one arm and pushing the huge cart with my other arm. Another quarter was spent mediating fights between Chloe and Logan over personal space. (Apparently, Chloe was not in the mood to be touched). And, finally, I had to manage actually getting our groceries. I almost started crying in the check out line when one of the Wal-Mart cashiers offered to help me put all of our stuff on the conveyor belt. To that kind woman, all I can say is thank you. You will probably never know how much it meant to me. But, thank you.

After we got home, the kids both napped. Lately, Chloe hasn’t really been making too much noise after she wakes up. You’d think that I would learn and actually turn a monitor on, but no. I always forget. So, when I heard her start crying, I knew something must be wrong. 

 
I walk upstairs to find her standing up in her crib, holding her diaper over the edge, saying “icky diaper! Dirty princess!” Yep. She had taken her diaper off and peed all over her crib. And, I just started laughing.


I guess I was supposed to learn a little patience today. And, that pee-pee sheets are not the end of the world. 


No comments: