August 4, 2012

Cloth Diapers

So, in case you didn't know, we switched to cloth diapers last month. After spending a few weeks researching online and borrowing a few different styles from a friend, I finally decided on going with bumGenius Elemental diapers.

I must say, I absolutely love them. Here are some of my reasons:

1. I haven't had to run out at 10:30pm to buy diapers that I forgot to get earlier in the day.

2. Because they are a One-Size diaper, I can use the same diaper for Logan or Chloe by simply adjusting the snaps. Super simple!

3. I don't have to lug my kids poopy diapers to the dumpster where I'm attacked by flies. (Major plus).

4. And, best of all, they come in so many fun colors and designs, I don't have to actually cloth my children in this ridiculous heat. Just put a diaper on and their off and running.

But, there is a downside. It's called poop.

I didn't get to wash the diapers last night because Logan took forever to fall asleep, so I started them this morning. Of course, within 30 minutes of starting the wash cycle, both children had big major poops. 

I'm fairly certain this load of diapers will have been rinsed and washed about 5 times by the time I actually put them in the dryer. I refuse to have two stinky poopy diapers festering at the bottom of the wet bag.

Also, see Amber Dusick's take on cloth diapering. I pretty much died laughing.


No comments: