June 25, 2012

Baking with Baby

Tonight marks the first night that I have baked with Chloe. It was a whoooole lot of fun :)

We decided to make cookies. And, she spent the entire 30 minutes, from starting the mixer to pulling the cookies off the cooling rack, yelling "cookies, cookies!" Her enthusiasm was contagious. She helped me pour the ingredients in the mixing bowl. While watching the mixer mix, she was pumping her arms up and down, cheering for it, haha. She tried to drop the batter onto the cookie tray, but that was a little difficult for her. And, whenever the timer went off, she jumped up and starting yelling "cookies! I want some! I want some!"

We brought Michael a plate with a cookie for him and a cookie for Chloe on it. But, he was in the middle of a video game, so... he was kind of distracted. And, Chloe just kept running back and forth yelling "stop it, daddy!"

Best of all though, when I was uploading pictures, she held up her hand and said "high five!" She was so proud of herself!

I can hardly believe that she will be 2 in September. Where has the time gone?

Tonight was one of those moments I want to remember forever. She wasn't her usual almost-two-year-old-stinker-self... she was this sweet, adorable little girl. It breaks my heart, but makes me proud all at the same time.


No comments: