November 27, 2010

Returning to a new sense of normal...

Chloe's now 2 and a half months old. She's growing so quickly -- everyday it seems there's another outfit that doesn't fit, or she's trying to do something she couldn't do before. She's so attentive and interactive now. Last week, my mama was able to get her belly laughing. I wished I was there for it.


I returned to work on November 3, 2010, after about 7 and a half weeks on maternity leave. I'm only working from 9am to 1pm, and it seems to be working out extremely well. My mama is able to watch her for that period of time and she loves it! Work has been going well. November was a good month to come back in. It was busy enough that we were able to get a good idea of how this schedule would work, but it wasn't overwhelming.

In other news: our living room now has a floor (and furniture, and a Christmas tree!!). We hosted Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday and it was SO nice to be able to use that room now! My wonderful husband did a very nice job! Once we get the baseboards done in there (which is definitely a few months away from now), I'll be able to truly relax and not work on the other two bedrooms or bathrooms for a while yet. We've got some finishing details to do in a few of the "finished" rooms, and in the hallway, but it feels more like a real home now. And, I love it!

I'm still kind of struggling with maintaining my priorities -- like accepting that my home is never going to be kept as clean and neat as I'd like it to be, and accepting that I cannot do everything anymore, and learning to really be present in each moment with Chloe, especially when I have to spend the day just sitting in my rocking chair when I'd rather get some project done. It's an adjustment, a huge adjustment, for me. But, when she snuggles up against me and falls asleep on my chest, that makes it all worth while.

No comments: