February 3, 2009

Just happened...

So, I'm sitting in my room, getting ready to go take a shower, and I hear Mama in the living room start screaming. It wasn't the oh-my-gosh-I'm-dying kind of scream, but the type of scream that's mixed with deep laughter. 

For the past month, we have had to push the bird cage between the family room and the back bedroom hallway. (This is a long and convoluted story. Basically, the bird has been overstimulated, and decided that she wanted to lay an egg. Well, it almost killed her. So, she has to get at least 12 hours of sleep in a dark, dark place... hence, the hallway). 

Well, just now, Mama started screaming/laughing and I ran out there to find her stumbling over two of the rickety side trays that had fallen on the ground. One landed face-up; the other was... not so lucky. Needless to say, it has been a while since the cage was clean, so the bird poop that had been sitting on the side tray was ground into the carpet all before we could say Boo.

It also reminded me of Mama's shelf-jumping adventure and that one time last summer when she squashed her foot between the back porch steps and the fallen bird cage...

I love this house sometimes.

No comments: