April 26, 2013

The House Renovation: Main Floor Bathrooms

Unlike the Master bathroom upstairs, the downstairs bathrooms were in pretty good shape. They mainly just needed a facelift. So, here is what we did!
 
HALL BATH: BEFORE

I really thought I had taken more pictures of some of these rooms. If I find any more later, I'll definitely add them.
 
This bathroom not only had carpet, but, a really ugly decorative gold wallpaper. It was pretty hideous.
 
HALL BATH: AFTER
 
We ripped the wallpaper down. And, I hand-textured and painted the walls a light brown color. We replaced the light fixtures, and the cabinet hardware.


 
Even though you can't tell from these pictures, we did tile the floor in a tile that is similar to the Master bath. All in all, it's a very neutral, inviting bathroom that works perfectly.
 
BACK BATH: BEFORE


Ha, again... I really thought I'd taken more pictures than this. But, the tile in this bathroom is actually a speckled blue tile. It had the same wallpaper as the Back Bedroom in here. And, a REALLY ugly mauve toilet. So...
 
 
BACK BATH: AFTER

 
We torn down the wallpaper, hand-textured the walls and painted them a really pretty lavender/silver color.

 
We also replaced the light fixture. Nothing fancy. But, at least it isn't a fire hazard anymore ;)

No comments: