September 21, 2012

Perspective

It's been a long time since I have been really present. I feel like I've been in a daze for last month and have missed out on so much.

But, tonight, I tried really hard. We came to Mom's house to celebrate Nano's birthday. Chloe was her usual, rambunctious self.

She tried at least twelve times to get us to sing saying, "Hum on ehrybody! Happy birt-day to Nano! Hum on!" She ran, jumped, and danced with Liz. She even crawled on the floor with Suzi. While Mom held Logan, I gave her a bath. We played and splashed and screamed when I washed her hair.

And, when I put her to bed, we said our night-time prayers. She asked to read a couple stories so I left her alone. But, she had a really hard time falling asleep tonight. One of the last times I went in to check on her, she started reciting Rock-A-Bye Baby and told me to sing (which, I did). She finally fell asleep while holding my hand.

It was a good night. I wish I could have this much patience every night. Or, even just a good attitude.

But, right now, I'm just happy I had it tonight. And for now, that is enough.

No comments: