August 1, 2012

Sharing

Lately, my days have been largely made up of playing referee between Chloe and Logan. Many of our conversations start with, "Chloe, you need to share. You've had your turn, now it's Logan's turn."

Even though I know this is normal (I remember Suzi, Nano and I fighting over the blue sippy cup when we were kids), it is exhausting. And, I know it's only going to get worse as Logan gets older.

Like the other day, Chloe took two stuffed monkeys away from him when he was playing with them. Of course, he started crying. Being the sneaky little girl that she is, she would give him kisses instead of giving the toys back. I don't know how a child can be such a sweetie and such a stinker at the same time.

So, it was really hard for me to not laugh today at dinner time. Logan was not happy, so I gave him a Mum-Mum cracker to keep him content til dinner was done. As he started chowing down, Chloe looked at him and yelled "Share!" Apparently, toddlers only apply good life principles when it is convenient for them.

I'm still hopeful that this is the beginning of a break through for her. But, I have a feeling it might be a while haha!

No comments: