November 11, 2011

The week from...

I feel like this week should be recorded as the worst week in history. I also believe it should be recorded so whenever I feel like I'm having another week from hell, I can look at this and (hopefully) think, "oh yeah. Maybe it's not so bad."

I don't know if my ancestors genes just overwhelmed me this week, or what. But, I can tell you, honestly, that I never want to have to go through a week like this again. It was just one thing after another.

Monday: Chloe woke up at 1am puking. After 1 change of all bedding, 6 changes of clothes (3 for me, 3 for her), and moving the LaZ-Boy recliner upstairs by myself at 6 and a 1/2 months pregnant, it was 3 am and I said screw it. So, we went to Walgreens to get Pedialyte, where she threw up again. I picked my Mama up, went back to Walgreens, got the damn Pedialyte, and went back to Mom's house where she puked, again. Washed her up, got her to drink some Pedialyte and she passed out around 4am. I, unfortunately, did not because I was terrified she was going to start throwing up again.

I finally start napping somewhere around 5am. She woke up at 6am ready to take on the world (I do not understand her...). So, Liz played with her for a bit while I napped til 8am on the couch. I take her back to our house so she can go back to sleep and I can start the now-never-ending loads of laundry that will take over my life for the next few days.

After she woke up, we got ready and headed back over to Mom's. And, on our way, I realize that one of my diamond earrings that my parents gave me to wear on our wedding day is gone. I have no idea when it was last safely in my ear, and I don't even know where to start looking. (Fortunately, St. Anthony was looking out for me and Liz found it on the couch I was napping on a few hours later.)

Chloe was pretty restless and insatiable all day. I didn't want to try to feed her too much, which made her angry. I didn't want her to get all riled up, which made her angry. I didn't really want to try giving her anything but Pedialyte to drink because I was afraid she would start puking again. This made her very angry. Basically, she was exhausted, so pretty much everything made her angry. It was just a rough day.... and that turned into a rough night because she started getting a really runny/stuffy nose and a cough. So, she didn't sleep well either.

Tuesday: We got up, like usual. I gave her some breakfast -- rice cereal and the like. And, after she decided she was done, we were going to go upstairs to get cleaned up and ready for the day. Well, all that would have been fine, except I tried to carry her (kicking and screaming, as usual), along with my phone and coffee cup upstairs. NEVER a good idea. I ended up dropping my phone in my coffee, which really just changed the course of my entire week. (I guess I should also mention that this is a major deal to me because Michael isn't home very much. So, my only way of communicating with him about 85% of the time is by phone... So, to not have a phone makes my life... difficult.)

I took it out, removed the battery and dried it off as quickly as I could. But, I could still see coffee seeping through the bottom of the phone. So, I stuck the phone and battery in a bag of rice. I talked to some dude online with AT&T and basically got no where with that because I didn't want to turn my phone back on to see what had been damaged. So, we got ready and went to the AT&T store because I wanted to talk to someone in person and see if there would be anything they could do. I figured I would try to play on their sympathy. So, I made sure I looked extra pregnant and had Chloe with me by myself... It didn't help. Basically, I could wait it out or file the insurance claim. Those were my options. So, I decided to wait.

Chloe was getting pretty tired by this point, but I decided that since we were already over in the mall, I wanted to look at/for diaper bags. This tacked another hour onto our little trip and by the time we left Target, she was throwing tantrums like a 2 year old (not walking where I wanted her to, screaming when I picked her up, and throwing herself on the floor when she didn't get her way). At 14 months. Fabulous.

Basically, the rest of the day went on as usual. We got some food, got a nap, and went over to Mom's to hang out for a while. Talked to Michael on Skype. So, really, it was "uneventful" after the morning's adventure. :/

Wednesday: I wake up puking. Awesome. Found out later that Liz and Teresa were puking too. So, I didn't want to go over there and have Chloe get sick again... Needless to say, we didn't leave the house all day and I tried to lay in bed as much as possible.

I did put my phone back together and figured out that everything worked except the speaker that I talk into. So, basically, I couldn't talk on the phone because no one could hear me. Great. At this point, I'm just grateful it's working at all though.

Chloe really was a trooper though. After she woke up from her morning nap, I put her in her little bouncy seat and she watched Dora for like an hour while I continued to sleep. I think she could tell something was very wrong with Mommy. She even tried to wipe my tears away with some Kleenex when I was crying because I was just so overwhelmed. :( She's such a sweet girl.

We only left the house that night because I wanted to get her asleep and thought the only way she would go to sleep was by driving. Then I got a craving for chicken noodle soup. So, I ended up picking Suzi up and running to WalMart. They have this new GF Chicken Noodle Soup. It wasn't fabulous -- homemade is always best -- but it satisfied the craving and I was actually able to keep it down. Baby boy and I were both happy about that.

Thursday: I had a pretty restless night of sleep. My nose and throat were pretty dry and ALL of my muscles were achy and sore. I woke up with a horrible cough and runny/stuffy nose. So, I downed Emergen-C and cough syrup like it was my job all day. It only mildly helped. But, at least I was able to function. We went over to Mom's, at more chicken noodle soup (homemade this time) and played. I filed the insurance claim on my phone. So, that should arrive either today or Monday.

Mama and the girls got her a little Dora chair that was supposed to be a Christmas present, but they just couldn't wait to give it to her. She LOVES it. She was sitting in it and had a blanket over her lap with some books scattered all around her. It was the most adorable thing ever. She really wants to be a big girl and do everything we do. It's both cute and sad at the same time.... I don't want her to grow up so fast.

Mama, Liz and I went to Target later in the evening to get dog food for Riley and Chloe was throwing her tantrums again. I don't know what I'm going to do with her in a month or so when I start getting humongous. I just won't be able to take her shopping, haha.

After I drop Mama and Liz off, I go drive around for a bit trying to get the little turd asleep. She was having none of it. So, we came home and I thought it'd be a good idea to get on Skype with Michael so I could tell him about the Target trip and she could say goodnight to him. Well, low and behold, sometime between Wednesday morning and Thursday night, my phone's speaker decided to start working. Awesome. I would be really excited about it except I already filed the irreversible insurance claim and tacked the phone deductible charge onto our next AT&T bill. AND, I'm not even sure that's going to be the end of it because if I have to send the phone back to the insurance company, and they look at it and it's working fine, they will probably charge me the full replacement amount on the phone. GREAT.

Friday: And, today is Friday. I'm not sure what today is going to bring. I don't even know what I should expect, honestly. The only thing keeping me going all week has been the thought that Michael will be home tonight. Chloe is going to be THRILLED.

I have to say, I am extremely grateful for Michael. He is such a good daddy. When he's here, it's pretty much all about Chloe. They go play disc, they play together with all of her toys. They walk around. He cooks with her. It just makes my heart melt every time I see them together. She looks at him with such adoration, like he is the coolest person in the entire world to her. I am just so very grateful for having him in my life as my husband, my partner, and our children's father.

No comments: