September 5, 2010

Nesting Instinct Insanity

So, I felt this burst of energy yesterday. I wasn't sure if it was just the feeling of freedom because this is Labor Day weekend, or... something more sinister.

I spent the day cleaning everything in site. I scrubbed the kitchen down to the bones and swept the entire house -- including moving all the furniture and sweeping underneath it all. Along with some help from my sisters, we cleaned out the living room by moving boxes and the poker table into storage, and the wine fridge and Riley's cage out of the room. Now, the only things left in the living room are the things relevant to putting down the new floor! YES!

Suzi and I worked a little more on the nursery. And, I was able to figure out what else we're going to need for baby girl.

It was a very good day. I felt productive, and only slightly insane -- that poker table is heavy!

AND! I wasn't the only one being productive!

Thrifty Man and my little brother got the very last of the roof project materials returned to Lowe's and the last pile of wood shingles into the dumpster!

(It gets even better!)

While my wonderful husband was at Lowe's, he decided to look at baseboards and trim for our bedroom!! So, he bought it and stained it all yesterday! I'M SO EXCITED!

Today, we'll be finishing up the last few projects in the nursery and maybe even get some of the trim up! It's going to be a great weekend :)

Oh. And, hopefully, I'll be laboring on Labor day. Really hoping baby girl gets here soon. I'm becoming extremely impatient.

:)

No comments: