August 7, 2010

New Re-Visioning for the house

Since baby girl has been making me extremely uncomfortable lately, I've had a lot of time to think, and study, our kitchen/dining room area.

Part of me is thinking that I'm going to open up more of the upper kitchen cabinets, like paint the insides that red color and take off the doors.

I'm also thinking that I'm going to start using blue/turquoise as an accent. I think I have recovered sufficiently enough that I can reintroduce the color in small doses in the parts of the house that have shed their old, dated layer.

I think. We'll see how I feel about this idea tomorrow. I was online looking at curtains tonight and I think I've got a good idea of the direction I want to go with it.

I'm also re-thinking our master bedroom color selection. In order to keep my marriage intact, I think I'm just going to change the accessories, and wait a few years before I introduce the idea of repainting up there. But, again, I think I'll be introducing a blue accent color in the bedding, artwork and possibly the window treatments.

Also, I've decided that I will start collecting Fiestaware a whole lot sooner than I originally led Michael to believe. I just love the colors and the uniqueness of the pieces. BEAUTIFUL!

OH! And, fantastic news!

THE ROOF PROJECT HAS BEEN FINISHED!!!!

I'll post some pictures soon. The clean up is still in progress, but fortunately my AWESOME brother Sam is here and loves to have projects to work on. So, come Monday we'll get the dumpster emptied on Monday and moved to the back of the house so he can continue working on the back yard.

And, AND! Our bathroom project has officially begun! I'll post some of those pictures soon too.

Horray for PROGRESS!

P.S. Sorry for the completely random post. This is where my mind wanders in the middle of the night.

No comments: